Unleash your culinary creativity with the ultimate expansion system for the Big Green Egg! The NEW Big Green Egg EGGspander System facilitates an extensive variety of cooking setups to easily utilize the full versatility of the EGG, and the 1-Piece convEGGtor Basket allows for easy and convenient placement and removal of the convEGGtor. Available for the X-Large and Large Big Green Egg.
Easily configures for multi-level direct and indirect cooking and multi-tier cooking racks. Direct “Cowboy Style” lower rack; convEGGtor basket allows for easy and convenient placement and removal of the convEGGtor; 304 Stainless Steel; handles are sized for gloved hands.
1-Piece convEGGtor Basket
- Easy placement or removal of convEGGtor
- Multi-level direct and indirect
- Raised grid cooking
- Starter component for the EGGspander System; works with the 2-Piece Multi-Level Rack
2-Piece Multi-Level Rack
- Elevated sliding cooking grid with 4-inch clearance for easy access
- Reverses for low-level “Cowboy Style” grilling
- Designed to connect to existing cooking grid
- Starter component for the EGGspander System; works with the 1-Piece convEGGtor basket
Barbecue Chicken Pizza on the Big Green Egg
This pizza recipe is the perfect opportunity to transform chicken into something unique and delicious!
1 pound of pizza dough
¾ cup Big Green Egg Sweet & Smokey Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce (Available at Bowling Green Fireplace & Grill)
1½ cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F.
Add a Pizza & Baking Stone to preheat. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle and build up the edges slightly. Spread barbecue sauce over crust. Layer with half of the chicken, onion, green pepper, garlic and cheese. Repeat the layers.
Bake at for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serves 8
By Rachel Riley Martin